Todays offer through this BLOG

TODAYS THE BEST DEAL

Amazon Product

🔥 Trending Product

Limited time offer! Grab this deal before it's gone.

👉 Shop Now

Saturday, May 23, 2026

Watch: Arjun Tendulkar Scalps 1st Wicket Of IPL 2026, Muted Celebrates Follows

Arjun Tendulkar, son of legendary India cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, made his debut for Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) in IPL 2026 on Saturday, and also took his first wicket of the tournament. Tendulkar bowled an inch-perfect yorker in his third over to dismiss Punjab Kings (PBKS) opener Prabhsimran Singh, trapping him LBW. The left-arm pacer, however, did not celebrate it much, with LSG in a losing position. Tendulkar had a golden opportunity to dismiss Prabhsimran in his very first over, but LSG skipper Rishabh Pant squandered a simple catch.

When Tendulkar got Prabhsimran's wicket on the final ball of the 15th over, PBKS were already in the driving seat and on their way to victory, chasing a target of 197.

Tendulkar was not animated in his celebration, instead just exchanging high-fives with some of his teammates.

WATCH: Arjun Tendulkar takes his first wicket of IPL 2026

The 26-year-old was one of LSG's better bowlers despite their defeat, finishing with figures of 1/36 in four overs.

He had a big opportunity to pick up Prabhsimran's wicket in his first over, as the PBKS star gloved a short delivery. However, Rishabh Pant uncharacteristically dropped a catch.

Tendulkar also got a chance to bat towards the end, making 5 runs in as many balls.

Tendulkar had been traded to LSG ahead of the IPL 2026 auction. It was the first time that he had joined a franchise other than Mumbai Indians (MI), where his father Sachin had played for six seasons.

Punjab Kings ultimately clinched victory over LSG to keep their IPL 2026 playoffs hopes alive. PBKS captain Shreyas Iyer slammed a stunning unbeaten 101 to guide his side to victory with two overs to go.

PBKS ended their six-game losing streak and necessarily so, moving up to 15 points with their seventh win of the IPL 2026 season. Their qualification to the playoffs depends on how Rajasthan Royals (RR) and Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) fare on the final day of the league stage.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/YnPfRq9
via IFTTT

Jaipur Woman Dies By Suicide After Domestic Abuse, Children Recount Torture

A case of alleged domestic abuse in Jaipur has left two children without their mother. The victim, Anu Meena, allegedly died by suicide by hanging herself. Both children were witnesses to their parents' constant quarrels.

Anu married Gautam Meena, an executive engineer in the Public Works Department, in 2015. Allegations suggest that soon after marriage, Gautam began harassing her, often under the influence of alcohol. He reportedly abused and physically assaulted her multiple times.

Their son, 10-year-old Mahir, said that his father frequently beat his mother. He recalled an incident when his father came home and assaulted Anu. 

Mahir also mentioned that his mother had asked him to give her salt water whenever her blood pressure dropped. On one occasion, while he tried to help her, his father dismissed the situation. "Dad would often hit Mom and torment her. One day, he came home, played a song on the TV, then smashed the television set and beat Mom. I went to get the water, but Dad blamed Mom," Mahir said. 

Their daughter, eight-year-old Samayra, also recounted frequent fights between her parents, including public arguments at social gatherings and even during a family trip.

On April 7, Anu allegedly died by suicide after enduring ongoing abuse. Before taking the extreme step, she made a video call to her husband and carried out the act during the call. Neighbours rushed to the scene and informed her family. Despite attempts to revive her through CPR, she could not be saved.

Anu's mother, 56-year-old Maya, recalled that Anu often complained about her husband's behaviour but never imagined the situation would end this way. She said she missed a call that day and now feels she could have prevented the tragedy.

Days after the incident, Mahir accessed his mother's phone and retrieved several videos, including footage of an altercation. Anu had recorded a video inside the car in which Gautam can be clearly heard hurling verbal abuse at her. In the video, Gautam is seen verbally abusing both Anu and her family. 

Anu's brother, Neeraj Meena, said the family had repeatedly urged her to return home, but she chose to stay, concerned about her husband's well-being. He added that Gautam would often apologise after episodes of violence, which led the family to believe the situation might improve.

He further alleged that even after the incident, Gautam showed no remorse and reportedly stated that going to jail for a few days would not be a problem.

Police have initiated an investigation, and statements from the victim's family have been recorded. Authorities are examining CCTV footage and other evidence as part of the probe.

Helplines
Vandrevala Foundation for Mental Health9999666555 or help@vandrevalafoundation.com
TISS iCall022-25521111 (Monday-Saturday: 8 am to 10 pm)
(If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist.)



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/Q5c6yea
via IFTTT

Arjun Tendulkar Reacts After Pant Blunder Costs Him 1st Wicket. Watch

Arjun Tendulkar had an eventful first outing for his new IPL outfit Lucknow Super Giants against Punjab Kings. It was the all-rounder's new beginning in the IPL. Arjun, who is the son of Sachin Tendulkar, came on late in the innings and scored five runs. He bowled an economical first over where he gave away just four runs. It could have been even better had LSG captain Rishabh Pant taken a catch behind the stumps.

Pant was furious with himself after he let go of a tough chance in the seventh over of the innings. It was a short delivery around leg, as Prabhsimran rushed into the pull shot. The ball went off the glove to the left of Pant, who leapt across and got both gloves to it, but the ball slipped out. Prabhsimran went on to score 69 off 39 balls.

Pant was frustrated, as was Tendulkar.

Josh Inglis made a typically punishing 72, guiding Lucknow Super Giants to a handy 196 for six against Punjab Kings, who need to win this match to stay alive in the race to the IPL playoffs here on Saturday. Inglis and Pant (26, 21b) added 65 runs for the fourth wicket as the already-eliminated Super Giants recovered from a shaky 69 for three in the seventh over. Inglis 42-ball innings had two phases in it. The first part contained an opening over assault on Arshdeep Singh, four fours fetching the Aussie 16 runs. But then he left the stage for Ayush Badoni, who came to the crease after the early dismissal of Arshin Kulkarni, who opened in the place of Mitchell Marsh, and Nicholas Pooran. Badoni took the centre stage in some style, making an 18-ball 43 and added 49 runs for the third wicket with Inglis. He creamed Azmatuallah Omarzai, the No.1 all rounder as per ICC rankings, for 24 runs in the fifth over, and the run glut included a sequence of 4,6,6,4. It helped LSG recover from the early departures of two top-order batters and end the power play at a rather fine 66 for two. But Badoni's daredevilry ended soon as Prabhsimran Singh effected a smart stumping off Yuzvendra Chahal, and DRS upheld its validity. However, Inglis woke up from his stupor with a slew of sparkling shots around the ground, and he started the second segment of his innings smashing a six, four and four in a row of Arshdeep. In all, Inglis milked Arshdeep for six fours and two sixes, extending the India left-arm pacer's lean season. It brought Pant and Inglis together. Pant, who was dropped on 18 by Shreyas Iyer at covers off Chahal, was not at his fluent best, but stayed there to give some valuable company to Inglis. The Aussie right-hander reached his fifty in 28 balls but lost the company of Pant, who fell to Chahal (2/25). Inglis eventually fell to part-timer Shahshank Singh, giving an easy catch to Shreyas, who had stationed himself at a more straight long-on position. Abdul Samad (37 not out, 20 balls) belted a couple of big hits but once Mukul Choudhary fell to Marco Jansen (2/33) cheaply, LSG's hopes of crossing 200 evaporated.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/5ls8G1W
via IFTTT

Friday, May 22, 2026

Ganguly Turns Back The Clock, Slams Century In Viral Video. Internet Reacts

Former Indian cricket team batter Sourav Ganguly rolled back the years as he played some beautiful shots to score 132 runs off just 68 balls in a viral gully cricket clip. Ganguly, who was well known for his elegant off-side shots, showed off his batting prowess and even slammed few trademark sixes straight down the group during the informal match. Internet was left stunned as the 53-year-old looked completely at ease and social media users were all praise for his batting. Ganguly scored 131 in his debut Test match against England and during this knock, he decided to score 1 more.

During the video, Ganguly was given two 'lives' which meant he could afford to get dismissed once. He reached his half-century in 33 balls and ended up losing his first 'life' at 75. However, there was no stopping as he raced to the century in 58 deliveries.

Following his century, the wicket-keeper urged Ganguly to recreate his iconic Lord's celebration. However, he remained in high sprits and ended his knock on 132.

Earlier, during his appearance on Raj Shamani's podcast, Ganguly said that he had no idea Indian players were approached to do 'match-fixing'. 

He spoke to Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, asking them if any of them had been approached by someone to do such a thing. 

"The issues that the Indian team faced just before I became captain - betting, match-fixing - I didn't even know about these things. I kept asking Sachin [Tendulkar] and Rahul [Dravid] 'Does it actually happen? Has anyone approached you?' Because no one had approached me. So, I spoke to Sachin, 'Tujhe kisi ne poocha?' He said no. We all used to play both formats - Tests and one-dayers. Asked Anil [Kumble] too, he said 'No. Nobody asked me'. So, I wasn't too sure what it even was. That [captaincy] was the job in hand. So, I didn't have these things in mind," Ganguly opened up on the Raj Shamani podcast.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/8EDIuPa
via IFTTT

Kohli Scripts History, Shatters Sensational World Record. Babar Also In Race

Royal Challengers Bengaluru star batter Virat Kohli shattered a sensational world record during the IPL 2026 match against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Friday. Kohli stitched together a 60-run stand with Venkatesh Iyer for the opening wicket and it was the 211st 50-plus stand that he was a part of in T20 cricket. Kohli currently holds the record for being a part of the most 50-plus stands in men's T20 as he surpassed former England cricket team batter Alex Hales. David Warner is third in the elite list with 200, Pakistan's Babar Azam with 196 while West Indies legend Chris Gayle was a part of 191 50-plus stands.

Batters involved in most 50-plus stands in Men's T20s

211 - Virat Kohli*

210 - Alex Hales

200 - David Warner

196 - Babar Azam

191 - Chris Gayle

Coming to the match, Ishan Kishan (79) top-scored as Sunrisers Hyderabad posted 255 for four against Royal Challengers Bengaluru in their Indian Premier League match on Friday.

SRH were also well served by half-centuries from Abhishek Sharma (56) and Heinrich Klaasen (51).

Kishan and Klaasen put on 113 runs for the third wicket in what turned out to be a successful outing for the SRH batters.

For RCB, Rasikh Salam Dar was pick among the bowlers taking 2/52.

"Yeah, it was a lovely innings. Struggled there in the first couple of balls, but that one over (27 runs off Hazlewood) just got me back on track. (Your score was 5 after 9 balls and then you took off. What suddenly made you do that?) 5 from 12 is a little bit under pressure in this format (laughs). The team is going at 11-12, so I had to catch up very quickly. So it's either get out or catch up with the rate. Yeah, I felt the wicket was a little bit slow, so I just struggled to find that timing and I think I might have looked for too many up front and then once I found my balance, it was a little bit easier. (Does help with Ishan Kishan being in full flow?) Yeah, and obviously it will help very much if you dovetail in your partnership. I think we've done that incredibly well this season in the middle order. (Pitch will slow up a bit more as the game progresses?) I would hope so (laughs)."

"I can't see that it will get any better. History tells that it might slow up a little bit more. (The fact that you're already in the playoffs made you play freely, at least the top order?) Yeah, it's a game that you can really try something if you really need to. That's why after a couple of balls I pulled the trigger (smiles). But it's a nice game to play and you never know what can happen. If you want an incredible score and it might make them a little bit nervous, couple of early wickets, you never know what can happen," Heinrich Klaasen said during the innings break.

(With agency inputs)



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/LkhdtbZ
via IFTTT

Quad, Oil, Defence: Why Marco Rubio's India Visit Carries High Stakes

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio arrives in India this week at a moment when global alignments are shifting rapidly and Washington and New Delhi are both trying to recalibrate key strategic priorities.

From energy security and defence cooperation to trade and critical technologies, Rubio's four-day visit is expected to cover nearly every major pillar of the India-US relationship. The timing is significant too. His trip coincides with the Quad foreign ministers' meeting.

The Quad Meeting

Rubio lands just as foreign ministers from the Quad, India, the United States, Japan and Australia gather for talks aimed at strengthening coordination in the Indo-Pacific.

For India, the grouping has become increasingly important in recent years, especially on issues linked to defence cooperation, emerging technologies and supply-chain resilience. The Quad is also viewed as a platform through which the four democracies can coordinate more closely amid growing Chinese influence in the region.

Energy Security Takes Centre Stage

Energy is expected to be one of the biggest talking points during the visit.

India continues to purchase large volumes of discounted Russian oil, but the US is looking to expand its footprint in India's energy market through LNG and crude exports. With instability in the Middle East continuing to affect global energy flows, diversification has become an urgent concern for New Delhi.

For India, securing multiple energy sources is increasingly tied to sustaining long-term economic growth.

Push To Repair Trade Frictions

The visit also comes after a difficult phase in India-US economic ties marked by tariff disputes and friction over sanctions.

Officials on both sides are expected to use the trip to push interim agreements and create momentum for broader trade and investment deals. Critical minerals are likely to feature heavily in the discussions, particularly as both countries look to secure supply chains linked to semiconductors and batteries.

Defence Partnership Expands

Defence ties between the two countries are expected to feature prominently during Rubio's engagements.

India's military partnership with Washington already underpins several of its key platforms and systems, including the Boeing P-8 Poseidon aircraft, MQ-9B SkyGuardian drones, M777 howitzer artillery guns and the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III transport aircraft fleet used extensively by the Indian Air Force.

But discussions are now moving beyond purchases alone. Co-production of defence systems and collaboration in areas such as artificial intelligence, semiconductors and space technology are expected to form a major part of the agenda.

Significance Of Rubio's Visit Politically

Rubio's visit is also politically significant because of his long-standing position on India and China.

Seen in Washington as an India hawk and a China sceptic, Rubio is viewed as more than a routine diplomatic envoy. His visit is likely to be read as a signal that despite recent US engagement with Pakistan, the Trump administration continues to see India as its larger strategic partner in the region.

A Relationship Both Sides Want Back On Track

Recent tensions over tariffs, sanctions and the heat India is facing because of the war in the Middle East have strained parts of the relationship, and both governments appear keen to stabilise ties.

Rubio's visit is expected to serve as a high-level effort to put the partnership back on firmer ground, with both US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi seen as personally invested in maintaining momentum in bilateral ties.

Beyond New Delhi

Apart from meetings in the capital, Rubio is also expected to travel to Kolkata, Agra and Jaipur, signalling a broader outreach effort beyond official diplomacy.
 



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/iSfrjWq
via IFTTT

Thursday, May 21, 2026

Murder, Parole, Then Bollywood Career: Gujarat Actor Arrested After 12 Years

The Ahmedabad Crime Branch has arrested a 53-year-old actor who had been on the run after failing to return to prison following parole in a murder case.

The accused, identified as Hemant Nagindas Purshottamdas (Vaishnav), also known as Hemant Modi, was arrested near Gheekanta Metro Station in Ahmedabad.

Police said he had been on the run since 2014 after not surrendering at the end of a 30-day parole period granted by the Gujarat High Court while serving a life sentence.

Murder Case Dates Back To 2005

According to police, Hemant Vaishnav was convicted in connection with a murder case linked to a 2005 clash in Ahmedabad's Naroda area.

The case was registered under IPC sections 302, 324, 147, 148, 149 and 120(B), along with Section 135(1) of the Bombay Police Act.

Investigators said the case stemmed from a fight between two groups over a land dispute in the Parshwanath Township area near Azad Chowk on the night of June 15, 2005.

Narendra alias Nanno Yashwant Kamble was killed in the violence.

On August 27, 2008, the accused in the case were sentenced to life imprisonment.

Failed To Return After Parole

Hemant Vaishnav was serving his sentence in Mehsana Jail when he was granted 30 days of parole by the Gujarat High Court on July 25, 2014.

Police said he failed to return after the parole period ended and was subsequently declared a parole absconder.

Acting Career Continued

Police said that while evading arrest, Hemant Vaishnav continued to work in the entertainment industry.

Police said he acted in Bollywood films, including Thugs Of Hindostan and Jayeshbhai Jordaar, television programmes such as Wagle Ki Duniya, and theatre productions.

Officials also said he had been associated with upcoming or recent projects, including Lahore 1947 and the Malayalam film L2: Empuraan.

After years of evading law enforcement, the Ahmedabad Crime Branch tracked him down and arrested him. Further legal proceedings are underway.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/shSvEXc
via IFTTT

Watch: Arjun Tendulkar Scalps 1st Wicket Of IPL 2026, Muted Celebrates Follows

Arjun Tendulkar , son of legendary India cricketer Sachin Tendulkar , made his debut for Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) in IPL 2026 on Saturday,...